Wednesday, June 12, 2013

I Screwed Up Today. Again. (D11)

Luckily, I got up at 9:30 and then went to the office. Created 2 documents (HR document and a CV for someone), created 8 invoices, sent out a mass email (115 recipients, LOL), filled out a business license renewal app and that security system app they sent with it and went to the city to drop it off. Then they wanted the 50c3 papers with it so I went back to the office and printed out a copy, went back to the city and turned it in. Came home, ate lunch, went out on an errand and then dropped off the invoices at various locations. Still have to drop off the ones at the two doctor offices, but it was already closing time for them (well, close to it). I then called it quits and finally came home. After that I just wanted to take a nap. (Who wouldn't) I recuperated with a nap for an hour and got back up. I had a snack and was about to head out to Meijer's for some groceries. But then my brother tells me that my father already had it covered.

My evening was a completely different story. Or the opposite, I should say. I did not do anything except sit on the front porch enjoying the calm before a storm. The skies turned a pale grey, and the tears from the clouds fell. A calm rumble of thunder and the distant lightning in the horizon. I sat there in peace, as the calm of the storm was palpable. As the last few drops of the heavy rain poured, I went back in. I prayed. I then went to my room and logged on to Facebook and browsed around for a while. It was then when I realized that I haven't been doing so well these past few days... foodwise of course!

Sigh, the past few diet days haven't been going very well. I'll start fresh again tomorrow. Today (D11), I had tea for breakfast, accompanied with some blueberries. Then for lunch, I had 2 and 1/2 Chapattis (Indian Wheat Tortilla) with two curries: Veal Bhuna and Kaddhai Chicken =\ It's really hard to resist good Desi food. The rich flavors of the curried meat, the exotic star anis, cumin and coriander. Ahh. Nonetheless, I'm a a TOTAL sucker for Bhuna. Even though it was veal, it was so good. I'm not a big fan of veal as I find it too tender and jelly like sometimes - especially when there is a high fat content. So much fat is rendered out into it's own gravy. At around 6, I had an omelette with a whole wheat pita. It was too good to resist, as well. Ahh. I hate myself. I also had guava juice later that evening. I loves me some guava.

I feel like slapping myself for eating all of that. Especially the veal, chapattis and pita. Damn it. For dinner, I don't even know what to eat. Looks like it's going to be cauliflower and chicken.

0 comments:

Post a Comment