Friday, June 7, 2013

Well, Then. (D5-7)

It's been quite a week. I've been extremely busy for the past few days. Doing some PR work and it's taking forever. I still have to set up a presentation I have to give tomorrow at a fundraising dinner - which our store will be catering for. The kitchen smells of roasted chicken, many kinds of masalas, the fresh cilantro and chili.

Alright, so it's time for some good news. By God's will, insha'Allah, we may move on August 6, or whenever the day after the upcoming Eid is. The people who lease out our other house house will complete their lease in July, which makes it easier on us as we don't have to lift around heavy boxes while we are fasting (as Ramadan will be during the month of July). My father and brother don't seem as excited as my mother and I to move. They want to wait one more year to get our business in Hamtramck settled. I've been trying to keep myself calm about getting out of this area since 2011. Remember my post about buying a new house back in 2011? I found out a few weeks ago that my friend moved just a few blocks away over there, and his sister lives on my street there too. The mall is about 3 miles away, the move theater is just a mile away, Dunkin Donuts down the streets, everything is just a short drive away. Anyways, enough about that.

We have decided what the room schemes/themes will be:

  • Mother's room - Old World Italian
  • My Room: Modern Luxury
  • Hall Way: Traditional/Transitional
  • Living Room: Italian
  • Family/Great Room: Contemporary
  • Kitchen/Dining: Country
  • 2nd Hall Way (to Garage, Bathroom #2 and Basement): Contemporary 
  • Bathroom #1: Luxury
  • Bathroom #2: Eclectic 
  • Patio: Tuscan Garden w/Outdoor Kitchen
  • Front: Stone with Landscaping 
  • As for the Basement, that will be another post ;) 

I also gave some bad news to balance out the good. My lens for my camera became nonfunctional. I mean, they still function but the barrel for zooming is stuck. I can only focus - which is also kind of messed up as it grinds and not smooth. I dont know how this happened, but I'm sending it to the Sony repair center in Texas soon. After the event on June 16 & 17, that is.

As for my food diary, its been quite a mess. On day 5, I stuck to my regular low-carb diet, but yesterday (day 6), I had to fast. I had carbs at 4am in the morning so I can fast the whole day until 9:15pm, when I also broke my fast with carbs. I felt so bloated. But that's a good sign. It means that my stomach capacity has shrunk. Today (7), I ended up eating a fried chicken wonton roll and half a bag of these Indian chips. I couldnt resist myself as it was a new product and was my only chance to try it out. Then, I got home and make Kofta Curry out of Chicken Meatballs. I also ate an egg white omelette with mushrooms and fat free cheddar. But then I had 1 and 1/2 whole wheat pitas with Beef & Potato curry. I couldnt resist. I'm planning on skipping dinner or having a hard boiled egg without the yolk for dinner tonight. Whatever works out.

Another day awaits...


0 comments:

Post a Comment