Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Personal Care: Skin

Everyone has noticed how my acne is decreasing and how soft my skin is at times. It's just taking care of your skin. That's all. Some products will react badly with your skin, some wont do anything and some are a miracle. One thing I know for a fact is that you should change the product based on the season/weather.

For the Face:
I use Biore' (Pore Unclogging Scrub) as my face wash. It really works. It doesn't use Benzoyl Peroxide, as many washes do. It uses salyciclic acid. It also has these little beads in the mixture that exfoliate as you scrub. You can actually feel it working as it has this menthol effect on your skin - but it doesnt smell like menthol at all! It's really good. You start off by splashing steamy water on your face, to remove any on surface dirt and to open up the pores on your face. I have oily skin so I really want to unclog my pores. This stuff does the trick! After you wash with hot water, you scrub this stuff on. A little goes a long way. You can feel it working. Once you feel the coolness on your face, you wash off with some warm-hot water. And once you feel all of the sudsiness is gone, spash some cold water to close up those pores! This will ensure that acne will not form as easily, and possibly avoiding them. I've been doing this for a few weeks and I have never seen my face so smooth like this for a long time!

For the Body:
In the summer/spring, use water based and light lotion, such as Olay, Eucerin, EOS, or Lubiderm. I used to use EOS before during the summer, but I couldn't find it at my local Rite Aid or Walmart at all. It had to be ordered and shipped. No thanks! If your skin is still dry in the spring/summer, use Jergens. It's pretty heavy but not that heavy. For winter, I used to oil my legs with Vaseline Body Gel. It really helps. And I'd use Jergens on the rest of my body. My legs get REALLY dry in the winter. And still some in the summer. so it helps. To be more specific, now that it's summer and I couldn't find my EOS Nourish lotion, I use Olay Quench. It's really light, dries instantly on your skin and leaves it feeling cool and smooth. As for my legs, they still get dry at times. Probably because of the hot showers. I use Jergens Ultra Healing lotion. It's creamy but not that heavy. Perfect for spring/summer dry skin.

As for the winter, that's when the problem kicks in. I have dry skin on my arms and my legs get even drier. I end up using the Jergen's lotion all over. Upper and lower body. But my legs still need some more support to lock in that moisture, which is why I oil them. Now, you can use regular baby oil as many people do. But I tend to use Vaseline Coco Radiant Body Gel, which is thick and oil based. It does wonders!

That's all for the body. I'm still working on my hair. It get's itchy sometimes, and I tap it as if I wear a weave. Sending mixed messages. Hair-apy coming soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment