Saturday, June 1, 2013

June 1st. Also Day 1 of Diet.

Alright. After all of the nuisance yesterday, I've decided that I should start my diet. It went okay, but not as I planned. Turns out, I was lacking a  lot of things in the fridge and pantry. I got up for work this morning and skipped breakfast - accidentally. I am just so unused to eating breakfast and I usually go on my day without it. On a work day, I usually just have a cup of caffeine-free green tea. But when it was time for my tea, there was only chamomile. It's okay, I guess - there is no nutritional value to it at all, especially when sweetened with Equal sugar.

I didn't get any computer-required work done today. I prepared outgoing mail and whatnot. Nonetheless, the morning wasn't that busy. Dad made fried in the store's kitchen for the hot food buffet thing. Surprisingly, all of it was sold out. But there were some Somosas and (I guess I can call it this...?) Indian Tater Tots left over. I think he'll just refrigerate them and stick them in the oven to reheat for tomorrow. I didn't get to drink any water at all. I absolutely hate drinking tap water (unless it's at home), so I had to wait until I got off and get myself a bottle.

After work, I went to our store and sent dad home for lunch. I had one of those Tater Tots out of curiosity. They just looked so big and golden and I was wondering what it was. I bit into it, and realized that it wasn't worth it (as delicious as it was). It was mashed potatoes, cilantro, Thai chili peppers, salt, and a breaded crust. I was in the mood for some juice, seeing that I didn't get much "fluid" in me. I had a few choices: soda, energy drinks, tamarind juice, or Propel. Obviously, I went with the zero cal/carb grape flavored Propel.

I then went home as soon as my dad came back, and decided to take a nap. It would help time pass. By the time I woke up, it was almost sunset. I took a walk to the dollar store to buy the cat a litter scoop, but turns out they were closed. LOL. Oh well. I then used the sifter that came with the litter box and got that done. I took a bath and decided to make dinner. I went through the fridge and could not find anything that would be considered healthy. I got frustrated until I saw a carton of eggs. I grabbed two of them and separated the yolks from them. I'm not a fan of hard-boiled eggs, so I made an omelette with onions, 3 different kinds of pepper, cilantro, a little dash of curry powder and some salt. I served it on top of a very flat home-made rice flour tortilla with some spinach dip. I made sure to drink a big mug of ice cold water so that I feel extra satisfied.

And I guess that was the end of my day. Another day awaits.

P.S. I'm planning on going grocery shopping tomorrow. Or at least, I hope. My damn temporary license plate expired and the actual one is still at my car's dealer. Oh, what a tangled web we weave.

0 comments:

Post a Comment